Butter Bean and Cider Soup
This recipe is a favourite with The Bath Pig team and is ideal for a lunchtime pick-me-up.
- 250g Bath Pig Original Cooking Chorizo (1 x two-pack)
- 500ml Dry Apple Cider
- 2 cans Butter Beans (410g size)
- 2 Medium size Red Onions Sliced and Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely sliced
- 3 table spoons Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons thyme, with stalks removed and chopped (dried works ok if you haven’t any fresh)
- 25g Good Farmhouse grated cheese for garnish
Cook the Onion, Garlic and thyme with the Olive oil on a medium heat in a large pan for two minutes to soften the onion. Chop the Chorizo into approx 2cm chunks and add to the onion and garlic, cook on a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until oils are released from the Chorizo and the onion has taken on the lovely golden colour. Add the butter beans and cover with the dry cider. Bring to the boil for a minute then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve in warm bowls, topped with grated cheese. Eat with lovely crusty bread. Enjoy.