Chorizo Stuffed Chicken Breast
with Chicken and Chorizo Sauce
This simple recipe pairs spicy chorizo with succulent chicken breast to create a tasty dinner for two.
- 2 x large Free Range Chicken breasts
- 1 x Your favourite Bath Pig Chorizo (roughly chopped, reserving 1 desert spoonful for the sauce)
- 6-7 British Dry Cured Streaky Bacon – thin sliced
- 2 x banana shallots or 3 x small shallots finely chopped
- 3 x desert spoons Crème Fresh
- 3 x desert spoons Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 30ml Vegetable Oil
Chicken and Chorizo sauce
- 30g Unsalted Butter
- 1 dessertspoon of the chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 500ml Good quality Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Crème Fresh
Cook through the shallots in the vegetable oil in an open pan until light brown, add the chopped chorizo and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the oils are released. Now stir the Crème Fresh into mixture bring to a boil and immediately turn off the heat. Add the breadcrumbs, a little at a time to bind the mixture into a thick paste, allow to cool.
Cut the Chicken Breast along its length, be careful not cut through. Open the breast along its length and with a rolling pin, or similar, slightly flatten the breast. Spread the Chorizo mixture onto chicken. Next, place a length of cling film slightly longer than a bacon rasher onto a flat surface, place the bacon slices side by side to the length of the chicken breast. Next place the chicken breast onto the bacon. Lift one side of the cling film to roll the chicken, chorizo stuffing and bacon into a roulade.